On The Road Again | CR

Exactly one year ago I went to Rome and I became enamored with Rome, Italy, and Europe. Still to this day my heart aches that I am no longer in that place I came to love so quickly. One day I will go back but today is not that day. No. I've got some other plans in store....

"I came to Italy for one main reason: I didn't want to go on living life afraid. I was ready to get over my fears and not hold back in life because I was scared. What I soon realized upon my arrival was that I would HAVE to get over my fears if I wanted to live here. There weren't many options." 

Clearly I didn't do a good enough job of getting over ALL of my fears because here I am...going abroad again. Where will I be going? What will I be doing? Am I even in school? I know you have all of the questions but don't worry because I have all of the answers.

January 15, 2016 I will be on a flight to Costa Rica to live for four months. I'm living in a small peninsula town called Puntarenas which is about two hours away from the capital, San Jose. Begrudgingly I'll be taking classes because I don't know many study abroad programs which let you just hang out on the beach all day; Oh wait, mine does. But for all of the worried parents, I will seriously be taking four Spanish courses, a Latin American Studies course, and a Latin Dance course which conveniently are all taught in Spanish. I'll also be living with a host family and guess what language they speak. Yes, Spanish. So life goal in Costa Rica: become fluent in Spanish because if I don't it is just honestly embarrassing.

My city, my city, my city

I decided on Costa Rica because it had the classes I needed since I changed my major to Latin American Studies but moreover it has ecotourism. If you know me you know I've never been camping, I hate bugs, and hiking is a strenuous activity I complain about. I like sticking to the great indoors unless you're taking me to the beach or airlifting me to the top of a beautiful mountain so I can look at the view. Naturally ecotourism was something I have been avoiding my entire life. However, I figured it was time to put my big girl pants on and get over it. My plan is to surf, hike, zip line, jump off cliffs, swim with scary fish, and kayak all while not dying. Hopefully I can accomplish it.

Clearly I'm a natural 

I'll be blogging my journey just like every time before so subscribe if you wanna hear more about my life or follow me on Instagram (@alexis_krcelic or @cookiesnsoymilk for food) to see some fun pictures of my adventures. BUT do know that by simply reading this blog you're only getting a tiny glimpse of my life and you can keep up with me in more ways than just through blogger.com. Feel free to reach out through text, Facebook, Skype, and Whatsapp. Just because I haven't reached out doesn't mean I don't want to hear from you! 


Maybe adventures like these?


People say I have the travel bug. I think I just fell in love with the world and it's inhabitants and I want to see every thing I can. Because why would I not? Here's to four months of speaking Spanish, living at the beach, eating rice and beans erryday, and having the best time of my life. Let the adventure begin. 

Comments