More Bounce In California | Cali


More. More. More. That's been my mindset on life for the past 5 years or so. I want more. Why do I want more? Well, because I can have it.

When planning my summer I had no idea what it would hold for me. I wanted an internship which I was not accepted to. Then the next day I received an email saying another company would love to have me! I didn't have a place to stay or transportation. Don't worry, that was soon taken care of too. I'm staying with the sweetest family in the world in this huge house. Everyday I wake up and can't believe it's real. I attribute all of this to God and His gigantic blessings in my life. But I also attribute it to asking for more. Because why not.

6 am sunrise

As I've been telling my story to people lately I see how grandiose it sounds but I never thought of it that way. People who are going to Europe every other year think my life is cool. (Excuse me?) I've been told I have the travel bug. While that may be true, traveling is just a way for me to expand myself, my knowledge, and the impact I can have on people and the world. Going from South Carolina to California sounded like a normal thing to do. After all 10-15 of my brothers did it.


My other California family

Currently my closest friends are in California, Michigan, North Carolina, Iran, South Carolina, and Turkey. It seems laughable at how diverse our summers and experiences are at the age of 20. I've come to realize it's my friends who motivate me to do more, be more, search for more, and want more. They're out tackling life like there are no obstacles before them. Why shouldn't I?

One of our clients- Iron Horse Tavern

More has led me to Mexico. More has led me to Rome. More has led me to California. While here I don't just want to work but experience and do as much as possible. I want to meet fantastic people and create close bonds. I want to get tan (hello it's 105 degrees here!) I want to write and read more often. I want to start my book. I want to become decent at running. I want to learn new skills. I want [more].

I can run if I see this everyday

Three weeks prior to leaving Greenville I had returned from Rome. 12 days prior to leaving my grandmother had passed away. Life was overwhelming and it still is. Sadness grips my heart daily for the things which are no longer present in my life. But as I look out at the beautiful sunsets and sunrises over the mountains I realize what I do have. The life I have before me is just waiting. I simply have to fill it with more. Because I can. (P.S. You can too)


Cali sunsets are impeccable 








Comments